Last Updated: February 20th, 2019
SPECT PROVIDES THE SOFTWARE SOLELY ON THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS SET FORTH IN THIS SOFTWARE LICENSE AGREEMENT AND ON THE CONDITION THAT YOU AND YOUR AUTHORIZED USERS, COMPLY WITH THE TERMS HEREIN. BY CLICKING THE "I AGREE" BUTTON BELOW YOU (I) ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREE THAT YOU AND YOUR AUTHORIZED USERS ARE LEGALLY BOUND BY THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS; AND (II) REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT: (A) YOU ARE OF LEGAL AGE TO ENTER INTO A BINDING AGREEMENT; AND (B) IF YOU ARE A CUSTOMER AND ACCEPTING AND AGREEING ON BEHALF OF A LEGAL ENTITY, YOU HAVE THE RIGHT, POWER AND LEGAL AUTHORITY TO ENTER INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON BEHALF OF SUCH LEGAL ENTITY AND TO BIND SUCH LEGAL ENTITY AND ITS AUTHORIZED USERS AND/OR EMPLOYEES TO THESE TERMS. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT, SPECT WILL NOT AND DOES NOT LICENSE THE SPECT SOFTWARE TO YOU AND YOU MUST NOT: (1) INSTALL, DOWNLOAD, ACCESS, AND/OR USE THE SPECT SOFTWARE; NOR (2) ACCESS AND/OR USE THE ASSOCIATED WEB PORTAL. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE TERMS OF THIS EULA, THEN NO LICENSE IS HEREBY GRANTED TO YOU BY SPECT.
SPECT RESERVES THE RIGHT TO REVISE ANY OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT AT ANY TIME AND IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION. ANY REVISIONS WILL BE EFFECTIVE UPON THE EARLIER TO OCCUR OF: (A) EMAILING THE REVISED TERMS, OR NOTICE OF THE REVISED TERMS, TO YOU AT YOUR E-MAIL ADDRESS; OR (B) POSTING THE REVISED TERMS ON THE WEB PORTAL. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR REVIEWING THE REVISED AGREEMENT OR NOTICE OF THE REVISED AGREEMENT. YOUR CONTINUED USE OF THE SOFTWARE AND/OR WEB PORTAL FOLLOWING ANY AMENDMENT OR MODIFICATION NOTICE TO THIS AGREEMENT OR POSTING OF THE REVISED AGREEMENT, SHALL CONSTITUTE YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE REVISED AND NEW AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE REVISED AGREEMENT, YOU MUST STOP ACCESSING AND USING THE SPECT SOFTWARE AND THE WEB PORTAL IMMEDIATELY, AND YOU SHALL PROVIDE SPECT WITH A WRITTEN NOTICE CONFIRMING YOUR DISAGREEANCE OF THE REVISED AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ANY NEW TERMS OF THE AGREEMENT, YOU SHALL NO LONGER BE ALLOWED TO USE THE SPECT SOFTWARE, AND SHALL DELETE ALL COPIES OF THE SOFTWARE, INCLUDING ARCHIVED COPIES, AND SHALL IMMEDIATELY RETURN ANY SPECT HARDWARE ASSOCIATED WITH THE SPECT SOFTWARE. NO LICENSE IS GRANTED (WHETHER EXPRESSLY, BY IMPLICATION, OR OTHERWISE) UNDER THIS AGREEMENT, AND THIS AGREEMENT EXPRESSLY EXCLUDES ANY RIGHT, CONCERNING ANY SOFTWARE THAT LICENSEE DID NOT ACQUIRE LAWFULLY OR THAT IS NOT A LEGITIMATE, AUTHORIZED COPY OF LICENSOR’S SOFTWARE.
BY AGREEING TO AND ACCEPTING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT YOU AGREE TO AND ACCEPT THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE BUSINESS ASSOCIATE ADDENDUM (“BAA”) IN EXHIBIT 1.
WHEREAS, Licensor has developed and owns the Spect Software (as defined below), and provides clinical decision support to Licensee.
WHEREAS, Clinic provides care to patients.
WHEREAS, the Parties desire to enter into this EULA and to establish terms and conditions as set forth herein to govern this relationship with respect to the Software License and its Use.
NOW, THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises, conditions and provisions contained in or incorporated by reference in this Agreement, the Parties hereby agree as follows:
- Affiliate means an entity that controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with a party, with “control” (including the terms “controlling,” “controlled by,” and “under common control with”) meaning possession of the power to direct or cause the direction of the management and policies of an entity, whether through the ownership of voting securities, through membership, by contract or otherwise, but only for so long as such control continues to exist.
- Authorized Users means a Customer’s employees or independent contractors authorized to perform Image Acquisition and/or use or access the Spect Software.
- “Applicable Laws” shall mean any country, federal, state, or local government law, statute, rule, code, regulation, permit, ordinance, authorization, order, judgment or similar governmental requirement, including without limitation the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) and the California Confidentiality of Medical Information Act, Civil Code §56, et seq.
- Clinic means a health care provider, a health care system, a health plan, a group purchasing organization, a vendor of in-home or mobile medical services, or other Spect customer.
- Confidential Information means non-public information, technical data, source code, images, texts, APIs, API keys, object code, and/or know-how which is furnished to the other Party in written or tangible form in connection with this Agreement. Oral disclosure will also be deemed Confidential Information if it would reasonably be considered to be of a confidential nature or if it is confirmed at the time of disclosure to be confidential. The Parties agree that Licensor's Confidential Information includes this Agreement and its terms, the documentation, binary copies of the Spect Software, source code relating to the Spect Software, and any other proprietary information supplied to Licensee by Licensor, or by Licensee to Licensor, and marked as "confidential information" or the like. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Confidential Information does not include information which is: (i) already in the possession of the receiving Party and not subject to a confidentiality obligation to the providing Party; (ii) independently developed by the receiving Party; (iii) publicly disclosed through no fault of the receiving Party; (iv) rightfully received by the receiving Party from a third Party that is not under any obligation to keep such information confidential; (v) approved for release by written agreement with the disclosing Party; or (vi) disclosed pursuant to the requirements of law, regulation, or court order.
- Data means the statistics and information related to a Clinic’s use of the Spect Software (e.g., utilization, retina image clarity, images, videos, exam information, patient information, use information, and aggregate disease diagnosis) acquired, compiled, used, stored, and/or analyzed for the Clinic’s and/or Spect’s business purposes.
- Image Acquisition means Authorized Users’ operation of a Spect Hardware to acquire, without limitation, retina images and videos, and upload/transfer them to the Spect Software and/or Web Portal.
- Intellectual Property means any copyright, trademarks, trade dress, logos, branding, brand names, designs, photos, videos, content, texts, images, sound recordings, source code, object code, patents, pending patents, plans, mock-ups, renderings, digital renderings, drawings, upgrades, updates, marketing plans, and business operation information and plans.
- Order Form means the form or online page that outlines the terms of this license agreement, including but not limited to, the term, license fees, additional fees and services, and maintenance and support fees. The Order Form is incorporated by reference.
- Patient Information means any protected health information (PHI) (as such term is defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, as amended, and all implementing regulations (“HIPAA”)), including Retina Images, that is captured and transmitted by the Spect Hardware, and stored and analyzed in the Spect Software.
- Physician means a retinal specialist, an ophthalmologist, or an optometrist.
- Professional Service means a Physician’s professional use of the Spect Hardware and/or Spect Software in order to perform medical examination(s) for the Clinic’s patients, including an evaluation and interpretation of Retina Images for purposes of identifying diabetic retinopathy and other conditions.
- Report means the report, Data, and information generated during and after the use of the Spect Hardware and Spect Software, and any results associated with the Professional Service.
- Retina Images means digital fundus images acquired by the Spect Hardware.
- Spect Hardware means Spect’s G2.5 Mobile Ophthalmoscope hardware, a digital eye-fundus camera.
- Spect Software means proprietary software developed and owned by Spect that transmits and stores Patient Information and Data, including Retina Images and Reports, and that is accessed by Clinics via the Web Portal.
- Update means any modification, correction, enhancement, deletion, or substitution to the Spect Software, including but not limited to, any data file or module thereto that may be provided by Licensor or a third Party, whether under this Agreement, or any other agreement between Licensor and Licensee.
- Web Portal means the application and/or website where Physicians, Spect, and/or Clinics may access the Data, Reports, Patient Information, and other information acquired through the Spect Hardware and/or Spect Software.
2. Software License. Spect hereby grants You and Your Authorized Users, a limited, non-exclusive, revocable, non-transferable, non-assignable, non-delegable, non-sublicenseable, and non-perpetual license to download, access and use the Spect Software (“Software License”).
3. License Fee. Licensee shall pay Licensor a License Fee in the amount designated in the Order Form, subject to change with written notification to You, in order to download/install and access the Spect Software for use (“License Fee”). The License Fee shall be paid before downloading/installing the Spect Software, and shall be paid on a thirty (30) day billing cycle. Failure to pay the entire or portion of the License Fee shall be considered material breach and shall be grounds for immediate termination of this Agreement and the Software License. Late payments of the License Fee shall be ground for immediate termination of this Agreement and the Software License.
4. Term. The Software License shall commence upon the Licensee’s acceptance of this Agreement and the download/installation of the Spect Software along with full payment of the Initial License Fee (designated on the Order Form), and shall extend for a term of thirty (30) days (“License Term”), automatically renewable unless provided otherwise in writing by either Party (“Software License”). Renewals shall commence upon timely and full payment of the then current Renewal Fee and/or new License Fee.
5. Reinstatement Fee. Should You cancel or terminate Your Software License, for whatever reason, and request to reinstate Your Account or access to the Spect Software, You may incur a reinstatement fee (“Reinstatement Fee”).
7. Taxes. All fees paid or payable to Licensor are exclusive of any federal, state, or local excise, sales, use, intangible, import charges, value added, or other taxes, duties or similar assessments imposed with respect to the Spect Software and/or the services provided hereunder. You are solely responsible for the payment of any and all taxes resulting from this Software License, the use of the Spect Software and/or the Spect Hardware, except for any federal, state, or local income tax imposed on Licensor in connection with revenues associated with this Agreement or the Software License. Licensee hereby agrees to hold harmless Licensor from and against any and all claims and liabilities arising from Licensee’s failure to report or pay any such taxes, duties or similar assessments if any and to promptly pay any such taxes, duties or similar assessments that may become due.
8. Termination. Either Party may terminate the Software License at any time and with or without cause, provided that they provide the other Party with fifteen (15) days written notice. Upon termination of this Software License, Licensee shall have five (5) business days cease all access and use of the Spect Software and any associated Web Portals, and shall destroy and/or delete all copies and archives of the Spect Software on all devices, along with any Confidential Information, Data and Patient Information. Upon termination of this Software License, Licensee shall have five (5) business days to return any Spect Hardware in its possession. This section shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement. No expiration or termination shall affect Licensee’s obligation to pay all Licensee Fees and Total Fees that may have become due before such expiration or termination. Spect may terminate the license grant and this Agreement in writing with immediate effect upon You and/or Your Authorized Users’ material breach of this Agreement or the Software License. Upon Your and/or Your Authorized Users’ material breach of this Agreement or the Software License, including without limitation, late payment of License Fee, failure to pay the License Fee, breach of confidentiality, breach of intellectual property, Spect shall provide You with a written notification (“breach notification”). You shall have five (5) business days to cure the breach specified in the Breach Notification (“Cure Period”). Failure to cure the breach within the prescribed Cure Period, shall entitle Spect to exercise any and all rights and remedies available to it at law or in equity, and to immediately delete Your access to the Spect Software. Termination or breach of this Agreement shall be considered termination of the Software License hereunder, and vice versa.
9. No Refunds. If Licensee terminates this Agreement, with or without cause, before the License Term expires, the Licensee is not entitled to any returns or refunds of any prorated portion of the Software License.
10. No Ownership. The Spect Software is licensed, not sold, to You. The Spect Software and all copies thereof are the proprietary property of Spect, and all right, title and interest in and to the Spect Software, including, without limitation, all intellectual property rights, are retained by Spect. No transfer of title, ownership and/or rights are granted in this Agreement or through this Software License.
11. License Restrictions. You and Your Authorized Users, shall not:
- Modify, adapt, and/or create derivative works of the Spect Software;
- Translate, de-compile, reverse compile, reverse engineer, disassemble or otherwise decode the Spect Software;
- Sublicense, sell, resell, publish, display, disclose, assign, rent, lease, lend, transfer (whether through a local area network or other network system or through any computer subscriber system or “bulletin board” system, or otherwise), post, transmit, distribute or otherwise make the Spect Software available to any third party, or make the Spect Software available through time sharing or managed services, in whole or in part;
- Interfere with or disrupt servers or networks used by the Spect Software or other users of the Spect Software;
- Create any tool or software using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Spect Software to build a competitive product, software or service;
- You may not claim to be approved, recommended, or “certified” by Spect;
- You shall not, and shall not attempt to, remove, disable, circumvent, or otherwise create or implement any workaround to, any such copy protection or security features that Spect has in place;
- Use the Spect Software in violation of this Agreement, any law, regulation, and/or rule;
- Use the Spect Software in connection with any activity that: (i) is illegal; (ii) defames, ridicules, disparages, or in any way is intended to cause harm to Spect, its founders, employees, agents, sponsors, licensors, licensees or other individual, entity or organization, or each of their products or services; or (iii) that otherwise damages the reputation for quality inherent in the Spect Software;
- Use or attempt to use the Spect Software to gain unauthorized access to any other Spect Software account, computer system or network, through password mining or any other means; and/or
- Remove, obscure or alter any proprietary rights notice pertaining to the Spect Software.
12. Your Obligations. You shall:
- Obtain and maintain the computer and network hardware (other than network hardware owned or controlled by Spect) and internet connection necessary to access and use the Spect Software;
- Promptly report to Spect any malfunction, error, and/or bug of the Spect Software;
- Ensure Your Authorized Users comply with all security measures incorporated into the design of the Spect Software to authenticate identity, including, without limitation, maintaining the confidentiality of log-ins and passwords;
- Ensure Your Authorized Users comply with the terms and conditions of this Agreement to the fullest extent they apply;
- Ensure Your Authorized Users understand that: (a) the Spect Software is a support tool only and not intended or designed to be relied upon as a sole source of information in connection with medical diagnoses or treatment of patients; and (b) all questions regarding medical diagnoses or treatment of patients must be directed to a physician or qualified specialized healthcare provider;
- Determine in Your sole discretion whether the Spect Software will achieve the results You desire;
- Use the Spect Software solely for Your internal business purposes of providing health care services;
- Agree that You will independently verify and confirm any Data, Reports, diagnoses, treatment plans and/or referrals provided through the Spect Software before relying on such information; and
- Agree that You understand and acknowledge that Spect does not guarantee or warranty the accuracy and timeliness of the results, Reports, Data, diagnoses, treatment plans, images, videos, recommendations, and/or referrals provided by Spect and/or the Spect Software.
13. Support and Maintenance Services. Spect may provide You with Support and Maintenance Services, as designated on the Order Form. However, Spect will not provide these services if Spect Software has been misused, altered or modified by a third party, including Licensee.
14. Patient Information.
- You agree to meet all HIPAA requirements in connection with Patient Information, Data, and Reports in Your possession, custody, or control, and, to obtain any and all proper and necessary authorizations from Patients that may be necessary for the transmission, use and storage of Patient Information by use of the Spect Software and/or Spect Hardware.
- You agree that You do not own any of Your Patient Information, unless provided otherwise or permitted by law.
- You agree and guarantee that You have, or will acquire from Patient, a non-exclusive royalty-free license to collect, create and maintain, in accordance with HIPAA, a record of Patient Information in the Spect Software, and to retain same, on behalf of Clinic, for the period required under applicable state medical record retention laws.
- You agree that Spect may de-identify Patient Information and aggregate, analyze, use, and disclose such de-identified Patient Information solely for Spect’s own internal business purposes of research and development, product improvement, and quality assurance. Spect will not disclose or sell such de-identified Patient Information, or any aggregations, analyses, reports, programs, and output based on or including such de-identified Patient Information (“De- identified Work Product”), to any third party without Your written permission. Spect shall own all right, title, and interest in and to such de-identified Patient Information and any De-identified Work Product, and shall retain all such de-identified Patient Information and any De-identified Work Product after termination of this Agreement.
- You agree that You shall not publish, display and/or post any Patient Information, Data, Reports, results, diagnoses, treatments, or treatment plans created through the use of the Spect Software, on any website, posting, journal, newspaper, social media, newsletter, email list serv or the like, whether digital or paper form.
- You agree that Spect may use the Patient Information acquired through Your use of the Spect Software for business purposes, including, without limitation, research and development, product improvement, algorithm improvement, source code development, new features, upgrades, medical analyses, research, product development, create derivate works using de-identified Patient Information and De-identified Work Product.
16. Downtime. Spect will use commercially reasonable efforts to schedule Spect Software downtime during non-business hours, and will provide at least 24 hours’ prior notice of any such scheduled downtime. Spect will use commercially reasonable efforts to provide prior notice of any unscheduled or unpredictable downtime, or, where prior notice is not practicable, notice as soon as possible following the commencement of any such unscheduled downtime. Unscheduled Spect Software downtime may occur because of, by way of example and not limitation, suspicion or detection of any malicious code or virus, or technical problems and outages (including suspension of managed hosting services by Spect’s vendor because of a threat to such vendor’s network or other customers).
17. Intellectual Property. This Agreement grants You with a license to the Spect Software, and in no way transfers to You any ownership interest in the Spect Software, Spect Hardware and/or any material or information provided to You. Licensor retain all rights, ownership and title in all intellectual property associated with the Spect Software provided to You. All trademarks, logos, trade dress and service marks seen on the application, website, Web Portal, Spect Software, and Spect Hardware are the intellectual property of Licensor and shall not be copied, reproduced, used, exploited, sold, licensed, assigned, or the like to a third Party, without Licensor’s expressed written consent. Licensor and its suppliers, partners, affiliates, and distributors reserve all rights not expressly granted herein. Whenever You are permitted to copy or reproduce all or any part of the Spect Software, all titles, trademark symbols, copyright symbols and legends, and other proprietary markings must be reproduced. Licensee does not acquire any ownership interest in the Spect Software under this Agreement and Software License, or any other rights thereto, other than to use the same in accordance with the license granted and subject to all terms, conditions, and restrictions under this Agreement and Software License. Licensee shall safeguard all Spect Software (including all copies thereof) from infringement, misappropriation, theft, misuse, or unauthorized access.
18. Use of Trademark. Parties acknowledges that they may desire to use one another’s name and logo publically on their respective web sites, press releases, social media, product brochures, financial reports and other media channels indicating that Licensee is a user of the Spect Software, and both Parties agree that either Party may use the other’s name and logo in such a manner without compensation or without violation of any intellectual property rights. Parties reserve the right to review any use of its name or logo and to grant or withhold permission, provided that permission will not reasonably be withheld.
19. Intellectual Property Warranty. Licensor warrants to Licensee that it and its suppliers, partners, affiliates, and distributors, own the legal rights to the Spect Software to provide the Software License herein. The Licensee’s sole and exclusive remedy for breach of this warranty is indemnification as provided for in this Agreement.
20. Infringement Indemnity. Licensor agrees to defend, indemnify, and hold Licensee harmless from and against any and all costs, judgments, damages and awards in lawsuits, proceedings or actions brought by any third party, and costs in connection with the defense thereof (including, without limitation, court fees and reasonable attorney's fees), resulting from any claim or allegation that the Spect Software infringes any patent, copyright, trade secret or other proprietary right of any third Party ("Claims").
21. Infringement Indemnity Limitation. The obligations set forth in Section 19 will not apply to, and Licensor assumes no liability for, any Claims to the extent arising from (i) use of a modified or altered version of the Spect Software, (ii) the combination, operation or use of the Spect Software with non-Licensor programs, data, methods or technology if such infringement would have been avoided without the combination, operation or use of the Spect Software with other programs, data, methods or technology, or (iii) unlicensed use of the Spect Software.
22. Procedure for Infringement Indemnification. Licensor's obligations under Section 19 only apply if Customer gives Licensor: (i) written notice of the Claim within five (5) business days of knowledge or reasonable cause to believe of claim; (ii) sole control of the defense and settlement of such Claims; and (iii) assistance when reasonably requested by Licensor.
23. Actions by Licensor. In the event any such infringement pursuant to Section 19, Claim, action or allegation is brought or threatened, or if Licensor deems that there is a material risk of a Claim, Licensor may, at its sole option and expense; (1) Procure for Licensee the right to continue its use of the Spect Software; or (2) Modify or amend the Spect Software or infringing part thereof, or replace the Spect Software or infringing part thereof with other software having substantially the same or better capabilities; or, if neither of the foregoing is commercially practicable; or (3) Terminate this Agreement and the underlying Software License with immediate effect of termination.
24. Confidentiality. Neither Party will use the other Party's Confidential Information during the term of this Agreement except as reasonably required for the performance of this Agreement. In addition, the confidentiality obligations set forth in this Section will survive for five (5) years after the termination or expiration of this Agreement or the Software License. Each Party will hold in confidence the other Party's Confidential Information by means that are no less restrictive than those used for its own confidential materials. Each Party agrees not to disclose the other Party's Confidential Information to anyone other than its employees or subcontractors who are bound by these confidentiality obligations and who are required to use the Confidential Information to successfully perform or assist such Party's obligations hereunder. You agree: (i) to take reasonable precautions to protect such Confidential Information, and (ii) not to use (except in regard to using the Spect Software or as otherwise permitted herein) or divulge to any third person any such Confidential Information. Both Parties agree that the foregoing shall not apply with respect to any information that can be evidenced (a) is or becomes generally available to the public, or (b) was in its possession or known by it prior to receipt from Us, or (c) was rightfully disclosed to it without restriction by a third Party, or (d) was independently developed without use of any of Our Proprietary Information or (e) is required to be disclosed by law. You acknowledge that We may collect Your business data including, including but not limited to, inventory and pricing as well as end-user data, including but not limited to names, email addresses, physical addresses, and order details such as items ordered, amounts, transactional details, payment and renewal amounts (“End-User Data”). In performance of the Spect Software, We have permission to disclose End-User Data and Your Data to third-parties and to payment processors if necessary, and to use such End-User Data for business analytics and internal use. You represent and warrant that You have permission from Your end-users to share End-User Data with Us, and for Us to share End-User Data with third-parties in the performance of the Spect Software. With that acknowledgement in mind, it is important to note that We shall only disclose such data solely in aggregate or other de-identified form in connection with the business.
- Licensee shall not assign or otherwise transfer any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement, in each case whether voluntarily, involuntarily, by operation of law, or otherwise, without Licensor’s prior written consent, which consent Licensor may give or withhold in its sole discretion.
- Licensor may freely assign or otherwise transfer all or any of its rights, or delegate or otherwise transfer all or any of its obligations or performance, under this Agreement without Licensee’s consent. This Agreement is binding upon and inures to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective permitted successors and assigns.
- For purposes of the preceding sentence, and without limiting its generality, any merger, consolidation, or reorganization (“Transaction”) involving Licensee (regardless of whether Licensee is a surviving or disappearing entity) will be deemed to be a transfer of rights, obligations, or performance under this Agreement for which Licensor’s prior written consent is required. In such a case, Licensor will have no obligation to extend price discounts or any other non-standard terms and conditions to operations of the acquiring or new controlling entity's businesses outside the scope of the businesses or operations of Licensee as they existed before the Transaction.
26. Warranty of Non-Infringement; Disclaimer of Warranties. SPECT REPRESENTS AND WARRANTS THAT THE SPECT SOFTWARE DOES NOT INFRINGE OR MISAPPROPRIATE THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS OF ANY THIRD PARTY KNOWN. EXCEPT AS SPECIFICALLY SET FORTH HEREIN, THE SPECT SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS-IS,” AND SPECT DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO THE SPECT SOFTWARE OR ANY PART THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE (WHETHER OR NOT SPECT KNOWS, OR HAS REASON TO KNOW, OF SUCH PURPOSE). SPECT DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SPECT SOFTWARE WILL MEET YOUR, YOUR AUTHORIZED USERS’, AND PATIENTS’ REQUIREMENTS, THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SPECT SOFTWARE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, BUG-FREE OR ERROR-FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS WILL BE CORRECTED. SPECT IS UNDER NO OBLIGATION TO REPAIR OR REPLACE THE SOFTWARE. LICENSOR STRICTLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, WITH RESPECT TO ANY THIRD-PARTY MATERIALS , THE LICENSOR PROVIDES NO WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING, AND MAKES NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY KIND THAT THE LICENSED SOFTWARE WILL MEET THE LICENSEE’S REQUIREMENTS, ACHIEVE ANY INTENDED RESULTS, BE COMPATIBLE, OR WORK WITH ANY OTHER SOFTWARE, APPLICATIONS, SYSTEMS, OR SERVICES, OPERATE WITHOUT INTERRUPTION, MEET ANY PERFORMANCE OR RELIABILITY STANDARDS OR BE ERROR FREE, OR THAT ANY ERRORS OR DEFECTS CAN OR WILL BE CORRECTED
27. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. IN NO EVENT WILL LICENSOR OR ITS AFFILIATES, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR RESPECTIVE LICENSORS OR SERVICE PROVIDERS, BE LIABLE TO LICENSEE OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY USE BE LIABLE FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES WHATSOEVER, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION, LOSS OF REPORTS, LOSS OF PERSONAL HEALTH INFORMATION, LOSS OF VIDEOS, LOSS OF EXAM IMAGES, LOSS OF PATIENT INFORMATION, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OR CORRUPTION OF DATA, LOSS RESULTING FROM SYSTEM OR SYSTEM SERVICE FAILURE, MALFUNCTION, OR SHUTDOWN, FAILURE TO DIAGNOSE, FAILURE TO TREAT, FAILURE TO CAPTURE ACCURATE RETINAL IMAGES, FAILURE TO ACCURATELY TRANSFER, READ, OR TRANSMIT INFORMATION, FAILURE TO UPDATE OR PROVIDE CORRECT INFORMATION, SYSTEM INCOMPATIBILITY OR PROVISION OF INCORRECT COMPATIBILITY INFORMATION, OR BREACHES IN SYSTEM SECURITY OR ANY COMMERCIAL DAMAGES OR LOSSES ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT OR YOUR USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SPECT SOFTWARE, HOWEVER CAUSED, WHETHER UNDER A THEORY OF CONTRACT, WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCTS LIABILITY, OR OTHERWISE, EVEN IF SPECT HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING THE FAILURE OF ESSENTIAL PURPOSE OF ANY REMEDY.
28. Relationship. Spect and You are independent legal entities. Nothing in this Agreement shall be construed to create the relationship of joint venture, employer and employee, or principal and agent, or any relationship other than that of independent parties contracting with each other solely for the purposes of carrying out the terms of this Agreement and this Software License hereunder. Spect has no authority to make contracts on Your behalf, or to bind You to perform obligations or incur liabilities for third parties, and You have no authority to enter into contracts on Spect’s behalf, or to bind Spect to perform obligations or incur liabilities for third parties.
29. Force Majeure. Spect shall be excused from performing its obligations under this Agreement to the extent any event or circumstance not caused by Spect, regardless of whether it was foreseeable, prevents Spect from performing such obligations.
30. Export. You shall not use, export, re-export, import, sell or transfer the Spect Software except as authorized by United States law, the laws of the jurisdiction in which You obtained the Spect Software, and any other applicable laws and regulations.
31. Entire Agreement. This Agreement constitutes the entire agreement between Spect and You with respect to Your Spect Software License and supersedes all previous representations, understandings, and agreements relating to the subject matter hereof.
32. Notice. All notices, requests, consents, claims, demands, waivers, and other communications hereunder shall be in writing and shall be deemed to have been given: (i) when delivered by hand (with written confirmation of receipt); (ii) when received by the addressee if sent by a nationally recognized overnight courier (receipt requested); (iii) on the date sent by facsimile [or email] (with confirmation of transmission) if sent during normal business hours of the recipient, and on the next business day if sent after normal business hours of the recipient; or (iv) on the second day after the date mailed, by certified or registered mail, return receipt requested, postage prepaid.
33. Severability. All provisions of this Agreement will be considered separate terms and conditions and in the event any provision is held illegal, invalid, or unenforceable, all the other provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect as if the illegal, invalid, or unenforceable provision was not a part of this Agreement.
34. Survival. The provisions of this Agreement concerning post-termination rights, indemnification, limitation of liability, confidentiality, and any other provision that, by its nature, is intended to survive this Agreement, shall survive the termination this Agreement.
35. Choice of Law and Venue. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the State of California without regard to principles of choice of law or conflicts of laws. Each Party hereby agrees that the courts located in Santa Clara County of the State of California shall have sole jurisdiction and venue for all disputes and litigation arising under or relating to this Agreement. In the event any suit or action is filed to enforce or interpret the terms and obligations of this Agreement, the prevailing Party shall be entitled to its reasonable attorney fees and costs, including reasonable post-judgment attorney fees incurred in collection efforts.
36. Amendments and Waiver. This Agreement may only be amended, modified, or supplemented by an agreement in writing agreed upon by each Party hereto. No waiver by any Party of any of the provisions hereof shall be effective unless explicitly set forth in writing and signed by the Party so waiving. Except as otherwise set forth in this Agreement, no failure to exercise, or delay in exercising, any right, remedy, power, or privilege arising from this Agreement shall operate or be construed as a waiver thereof; nor shall any single or partial exercise of any right, remedy, power, or privilege hereunder preclude any other or further exercise thereof or the exercise of any other right, remedy, power, or privilege.
37. U.S. Government Rights. The Spect Software is commercial computer software, as such term is defined in 48 C.F.R. §2.101. Accordingly, if the Licensee is the US Government or any contractor therefor, Licensee shall receive only those rights with respect to the Software and Documentation as are granted to all other end users under license, in accordance with (a) 48 C.F.R. §227.7201 through 48 C.F.R. §227.7204, with respect to the Department of Defense and their contractors, or (b) 48 C.F.R. §12.212, with respect to all other US Government licensees and their contractors.